When I received this Animal series nomination from the funny, profound and caring David, my inspirational animal came instantly to mind. It is the one known as the King of the Jungle, the undeniably magnificent lion.
What is it that inspires me about them? I’m going to be brief by using images and one liners because I just can’t put it into words properly. So, here goes:
- This is the girly in me. I can’t help it, they just start of so cute!
2. Early influences which made me fall in love with lions were watching Elsa in the Born Free movie;
and Clarence the crosseyed lion in Daktari (oh dear, really showing my age now…)
3. They look after, and out for each other.
4. They are handsome, strong and proud…
5. And funny!
Love this 😉
6. I couldn’t go without including Aslan from Narnia. Apparently C.S Lewis was quite clear that Aslan was based on Christ, though some think otherwise. Whoever he based him on, I see the analogy between God and Lion. Strong. Protective. Caring. But a LION all the same – so don’t mess with me!
7. Sometimes I need to draw on my faith to boost that inner strength to help me get through the tougher times.
“I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)
8. I’m told I too have a bit of a ROAR! But, as the saying goes, “it’s much worse than my bite!” 😉
Thank you for the nomination David and this opportunity to showcase this wonderful creature 🙂
And now I would like to nominate you for the Animal Series tag: https://vanessarosecooper.com/2016/11/20/king-of-inspiration/
The lovely Jackie, thenuttybookblogger
Marvelous Miriam, theshowersofblessing
The wonderful de Wets, dewetswild
The Rules Are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Pick an animal and explain why they are a source of inspiration to you, and how their character can be used to motivate.
3. Nominate at least 3 other bloggers, to share the positivity!